The other day I clicked on this link from the Smore.com website
and saw an adorable dragon image. I wanted to see if I could draw it or something like it using the vector illustration app INKPAD
on my iPad (shown to the left). Since the app allows you to treat line and color as moveable and changeable objects, I thought it would be really easy to create a simple 2 frame animation in this app. Below you can see how I did this.
View the final animation online here
First frame: Draw the dragon, save it as a PNG via email, and then copy drawing
Second frame: pull the lines and shapes of the legs, arms, tail, and fire to new positions. Save
I loaded the two frames into the 5 seconds app to make the animation
The animation below was made on the iPad with the following steps:
1. Draw a landscape in Doink Express
2. Add in the PNG image of the dragon (made in Inkpad)
3. Draw a path for it to animate across (still in Doink Express)
4. Export as a 5 second movie to my camera roll of iPad
5. Import the video into 5secondsapp on iPad
Another variation using Doink Express.