The Daily Herald wrote a story about the AHML art reception. Read it here.
I’m super excited about this year’s Arlington Heights Memorial Library Art Show festivities because I am also celebrating my 25th year in the district teaching art. I was hired soon after the referendum was passed that put art teachers and art rooms in our buildings. I was fresh out of college back then and have spent my entire adult life teaching D25 kids. For the past 24 years I’ve been based at Dryden.
This year AHML is highlighting Dryden in some special ways:
1. They featured Dryden's art students in their community newsletter for May 2017
2. They are allowing me to Take OVER the AHML Instagram account in May
3. They invited me to bring in the 2nd graders' Collaborative Symmetry Lego Designs
4. They are piloting an animation display on iPads for the month using 3 animated glows
5. They will screen the Fugleflick, Don't Crush My Dreams at the reception. It's a perfect fit since it describes the feelings and dreams of artwork on display (and it's adorable!)
AHML District Art Show Reception
We are the 2nd place winner of the ISTE Technology in Action Video Contest.
See my post for more info.
View our Entry for the What's Your Story
Internet Safety Contest
(Won the 2nd Place Prize)
View this musical tribute to the hard working teachers at Dryden and the students they love to teach.
Tricia Fuglestad, NBCT 07
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.