I saw this image shared on Facebook and went absolutely crazy. It not only made me laugh, it made me think as I tried to figure out what the artist did to animate this vintage image. So this is what I observed:
1. The image must have been "lifted" from the background.
2. The background (where the lady was) was filled in with the same coloring and texture.
3. The image was enlarged so that she overlaps the blue space at the top.
4. She was redrawn or filled in in the new areas revealed by her movement.
5. She totally moves. The gif is 19 images that loop nicely.