Students will be relaxing to the warm digital glow of a fireplace playing on the art room screen as they follow a drawing guide for creating The Grinch from Dr. Seuss' book, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Then they will see the book cover come to life with augmented reality. This will also juxtapose the two depictions of the Grinch as you see above. The animated Grinch is green with simplified textures and the illustration on the book cover is white with fine black lines of texture to show his fur.
The Sneetches comes to life using the EyeJack app after the effect is loaded by scanning the QR code.
This animation was made by
1. making out the character using Brushes Redux
2. Tracing the character in Do Ink Drawing app
3. Copying it multiple times and redrawing arms and legs in different poses to create a walking sequence
4. Then I used Do Ink composition mode to combine the masked photo and walking animation with a path.
5. I duplicated/flipped it to make it walk back.
This movie became the overlay and the original cover was the trigger in Eyejack app.
Sign up for my newsletter
Visit My TpT Store
We are the 2nd place winner of the ISTE Technology in Action Video Contest.
See my post for more info.
View our Entry for the What's Your Story
Internet Safety Contest
(Won the 2nd Place Prize)
View this musical tribute to the hard working teachers at Dryden and the students they love to teach.
Tricia Fuglestad, NBCT,
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.