- monochromatic painting (one color painting)
- tints (mixing paint with white)
- shades (mixing paint with black)
- visual texture (drawn over dry paint in marker)
- parts of a fish (science vocabulary)
The lesson (a step-by-step powerpoint) is available for download on TpT. Here is a link. You can also view students' finished examples from our online art gallery on Artsonia here. Here is a post from Mrs. Gutterman using Henri Matisse's Goldfish painting as inspiration.
Optional books for a literacy connection:
And here is our Monochromatic Fugleflick to quickly introduce to your students the concept of a one-color painting with tints and shades to create contrast: