Why your pencil was write
My test run: Sketchnoting a story
Learning Mascot: Meet Matilda
My action plan: Sketchnoting & Mantras
- My first thought is to invite them to sketchnote. Sounds simple, but I can purposefully invite students to take notes when we are watching a video about an artist or art concepts.
- I can invite sketchnoting ideas into storytelling by having students use containers, links, and color schemes that unify their drawings similar to comics.
- I can uses MANTRAS to help activate visual thinking
- Everyone can draw their learning mascot who encourages them to TRY THEIR BEST
- I can help students build their icon library. The game, Quick Draw is great for this.